Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

68 Guests, 3 Users
murphy62,
john.ens,
sandjunky

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: ROLLINS SYSTEM VI SECURITY SYSTEM  (Read 7913 times)

medeiros

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
ROLLINS SYSTEM VI SECURITY SYSTEM
« on: December 28, 2005, 11:12:23 AM »
Need help.  My home system installed in 1995; I purchased home in 2004 and Rollins out of business.  I am not hooked up to monitoring company.  I have a supervisory msg on my Master Control Unit that reads Glass Breaker/Kitchen.  Alarm sounds every 10 hours until I bypass.  How can I permanently fix?

KCTech

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re:ROLLINS SYSTEM VI SECURITY SYSTEM
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 11:29:41 AM »
Well, if you are lucky, all it needs is a battery.  If the battery doesn't solve the problem, then you will need to power the system down until if and when you decide to upgrade.  Transmitters are no longer available for your system.  I have ran into many Rollins systems like yours and I would say 90% of the time it just needed a battery.

Thanks
Good security is never cheap, and cheap security is never good.

It's better to have a security system, and not need it, than need a security system, and not have it.

medeiros

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 09:34:15 AM »
Thanks for your note.  Have changed all batteries associated with kitchen sensors.  However, no idea what the "glass-breaker/kitchen" sensor looks like and don't know if it's internal to the "open window" sensor.  Also, instruction book talks about glass breaker sensor but doesn't describe what it looks like or how to change battery.  Will try to power the system down in it's entirety but extremely frustrating b/c think it would be an easy fix if I knew what I was looking for.  Thanks again for your help; if you can think of anything else, pls notify.

KCTech

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2006, 09:49:16 AM »
There are many different kinds of GB detectors, but I have found that Rollins liked to use one in particular.  Unfortunately, I cannot find a pic.  Start looking directly accross the room from the proteced window.  It will probably be white, with a semi-rounded front plate.  It will have a red LED on the front.  The cover will come off, then a transmitter will be inside.  Take the cover off of the transmitter, but be careful not to break.  Inside should be a battery.  Leave the battery out for a couple of min.  Replace being careful not to break the wires that go with the battery.  Also, since you are dealing with a wireless system, there is a possibility that it could have been moved to a different location in the house.  Hope this helps,

Dusty
« Last Edit: January 02, 2006, 10:00:28 AM by KCTech »
Good security is never cheap, and cheap security is never good.

It's better to have a security system, and not need it, than need a security system, and not have it.

medeiros

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2006, 08:30:45 PM »
Dusty...bingo!  Have met with success.  Did a final walk-around the house with old brochure and pix of sensor and there it was exactly how you described.  Changed the battery and works like a charm.  Thanks so much for your help.

Steve

MemphisScott

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »
Need help please! I have a dinosaur ITI Model 60-324 317MHZ system. The system still works but I need a door/glass break to over my kitchen door. The one I have has expired. Any one know how I can find one of these to replace the damaged one?

Please help!

???

Tailboom66

• View Profile
Re: ROLLINS SYSTEM VI SECURITY SYSTEM
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2008, 02:03:25 PM »
I have this system and it is out of commission. The backup battery failed. An ADT technician replaced the battery. It failed within a month. Another technician came to replace the battery and after he did, he could not get the system to respond to his maintenance codes nor could I get it to respond to my code. The technician who was not familiar with the system declared it dead and said I need to upgrade -- meaning buy a new system. He removed the battery he had just installed and left the system useless. Now I would like to try to revive the system myself but need a battery. Can anyone tell me what backup battery it uses?

Thanks