+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

55 Guests, 1 User
gpburdell

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Napco Gemini P3200 - No user code  (Read 5773 times)

MyBad

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Napco Gemini P3200 - No user code
« on: September 23, 2005, 11:45:35 AM »
Moved into house with existing system, never got user code, so have never armed system, until yesterday...

Power was out at our house briefly yesterday, and later I noticed the time stamp on the keypad was slightly off (unrelated, I guess). Foolishly, I thought I could find a function to update the time. Well, with no knowledge of how the key pad actually works, all I managed to do was mash enough buttons to bypass something and then eventually arm the system, as it warned me I had 60, 50, 40, etc. seconds to exit. Knowing I had no code to disarm, the only thing I could think of was to power off the system, and disconnected the battery. Problem now is I believe my smoke detectors are non-functional since they were connected to same system.

Obviously a newbie, I have no manual to use, and not sure of the steps to undertake to reset the system enough to create a new user code, or just disarm it so I can leave it be, as it was before. I don't want to lose all the programming (it has 2 keypads, motion sensors, window and door sensors), since I hope to some day do some home automation integration with it.

Any help appreciated.

dave

Re:Napco Gemini P3200 - No user code
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2005, 03:46:45 PM »
you will need 2 things:

The dealer code, which provided it hasn't been changed (usually is) is on a sticker on a shield on the main board. The next is a programming code, which is anyone's guess.

The big problem is the system is armed and it most likely will come back up armed as well.

MyBad

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 10:37:30 AM »
I got the master security code from the main panel, which I entered and hit Function, and appeared to be accepted. However, the only options the keypad gave me where Display Zone Bypassed, Display Zone Directory, Activate Overview and Activate Download. There is a number taped to outside of main panel, 4 digits long. It is not a user code, I tried it. Suggested next steps?

B

MyBad

• I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 11:10:45 AM »
well, I finally got in touch with the previous owner, have the code, that problem solved, now to figure out how to change date/time, and eventually add x-10 module to the system. Might need to leave that to the professionals. Thanks for your help, great bboard.

B

tjmbronco

• Security Pro
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2005, 07:14:45 PM »
The dealer code which is on the can is the main start up programming code and is always in the system.  Some companies will either remove the sticker or black it out so it is illegible.  If you use that code at the # 1 keypad you can get into programming mode following your function sequence.  You are probably better off letting a professional installer make programming changes to the dealer program so you don't inadvertantly compromise your system.