+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

62 Guests, 1 User
dilligaff

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: New Alarm Install for PreWired home WITHOUT monitoring service  (Read 6617 times)

Ducman

• View Profile
New Alarm Install for PreWired home WITHOUT monitoring service
« on: January 05, 2011, 01:25:30 PM »
I have just purchased a new home.

I have a receipt from ADT that shows my home is prewired for alarm, and checking all the windows I see there is a round sensor on each, and it shows up as "installed 9 sensors" on the invoice.

I have called ADT, but they refuse to install an alarm system to hook up to that without a monitoring service.  Not interested.

Called other companies here and am getting the same response.

Are there no companies that will come to my house, quickly hook up an alarm system to my prewired home (I would think it would go quickly) without requiring a monitoring contract???

If so, I assume my only option then is to go with one of the wireless systems I've been reading about on the forum?  A shame to waste what is already there.

TDAlarms

• Security Master
    • View Profile
Re: New Alarm Install for PreWired home WITHOUT monitoring service
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 01:35:29 PM »
If your home prewired, you can get a hardwired kit and do it all yourself. A hardwired system is much more desirable then a wireless one.  I personally recommend the Honeywell vista-20p system. It is very flexible for anyhome and expandable should you want to add sensors or add on to your home.
TDAlarms

Ducman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2011, 02:49:04 PM »
If your home prewired, you can get a hardwired kit and do it all yourself. A hardwired system is much more desirable then a wireless one.  I personally recommend the Honeywell vista-20p system. It is very flexible for anyhome and expandable should you want to add sensors or add on to your home.
Thanks for the advice!

The home builder mentioned needing a tool to locate where the wiring is behind the drywall and what not for getting it all hooked up, and I wouldn't know where to begin.

Are there any online resources for finding a contractor in the Houston area that could just charge me for labor and bring his tools? 

JoehenryT

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 10:39:59 AM »
Ducman,

If you take a look at
http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-910-v15p-kit1-ademco-honeywell-vista-security-system-kit.aspx

Making a purchase from us @ homesecuritystore you get our free Techsuppor after you make your buy. They will help you verbaly over the phone with your install and programing.

AlvinBasil

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 02:09:53 AM »
Nice services provided and there are many security kits available that you can choose according to your facilities.