+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

41 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Need HELP changing pass code on radionics D620 keypad  (Read 2334 times)

rookie50

• View Profile
Need HELP changing pass code on radionics D620 keypad
« on: May 21, 2010, 08:55:04 AM »
I've got a D620 keypad(Radionics). The first digit is becoming unstable in that it doesn't respond always. is there a way to change the pass code without having to use the first digit? The manual says you must repeat the first digit for a new pass code. Thanks Peter.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 09:20:20 AM by rookie50 »

Sir Flannel

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Need HELP changing pass code on radionics D620 keypad
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 06:10:38 PM »
no, the first digit is hardcoded in each code. User 1 code begins with a 1, User 2 with a 2, etc. Perhaps if you can get the company that installed it (and can program it) to enable one of the other user codes, so that you can ignore the bad digit. Or, maybe you can get another D620 keypad from them
We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. -John Adams

rookie50

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2010, 04:49:35 AM »
no, the first digit is hardcoded in each code. User 1 code begins with a 1, User 2 with a 2, etc. Perhaps if you can get the company that installed it (and can program it) to enable one of the other user codes, so that you can ignore the bad digit. Or, maybe you can get another D620 keypad from them

Ok thanks. The company no longer exists. of course the company that monitors the system will gladly upgrade my system for $$$.
Can find one on Ebay ,can I just swap out keypad and use my same code?

Sir Flannel

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2010, 02:05:43 PM »
Yes, you can replace the keypad, and the codes will remain in the system. You will probably have to reset the panel, but it's reasonably simple. If you open the metal box that holds the main control panel (in a closet or some out of the way spot). On the inside of the door is a wiring schematic. On the bottom center is the model (D4112, D6112, etc). Depending on the model, it's simple to reset.
We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge or gallantry would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution is designed only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate for any other. -John Adams

Static

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2010, 04:41:04 PM »
That particular key on the keypad may be worn out or it may just be dirty. I've had great success taking keypads apart and carefully cleaning between the rubber membrane and the circuit board.
I have all the answers . . . some of them are correct.