+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

64 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Ademco 5804 keyfob using a 6150rf keypad  (Read 3499 times)

michaeleugene

• View Profile
Ademco 5804 keyfob using a 6150rf keypad
« on: March 15, 2010, 06:50:58 PM »
I would like to know what the exact steps are to program a 5804 keyfob into the 6150RF keypad. (not zone programming) Would like Arm away, Disarm, and Arm Stay. And could you please explain what each entry means so I can better understand what each keystroke entry means. Thanks a bunch.

swrdfghtr

• View Profile
Re: Ademco 5804 keyfob using a 6150rf keypad
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »
This actually does involve zone programming.

Essentially, each button on the remote gets mapped to a wireless zone in your system. You designate a zone type of 20 for Stay, 21 for Away, and 22 for Disarm. Basically, the key fob "trips" the zone, causing the desired action.

As part of each zone's definition, you have to enter an input type. Normally this is RF on a wireless zone, and you'll be prompted for the serial number. Push the appropriate key on the fob to enter the serial number (you have to do this twice, waiting about 4 seconds in between, for it to register properly).

Depending on your panel type, you may also have to assign a user to the first zone used by the remote (e.g., on a 3-button remote, you'd be using zones 16, 17, and 18, say; the user gets assigned to zone 16). That's the user code that will be used to do the arm/disarm actions. This had to be done on my Vista 20.

The remote comes pre-programmed with a house code. This house code and the house code in your panel must match. On my Vista 20, that's *24 in programming. The fob's instructions should say how to change/view its house code (usually you count blinking lights to view the code).

Hope that helps.

wrldtlvr

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 08:05:26 PM »
I would also point out that there are two ways to program a 6150RF with keyfobs - local and panel based. Local means the panel doesn't know you have keyfobs. The keypad gets the keyfob signal and translates it into button presses.

Panel based means you have to program the panel with up to 4 zones, one per button, along with the keyfob serial number and the action for key zone. 

Static

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 06:10:28 AM »
Panel based means you have to program the panel with up to 4 zones, one per button, along with the keyfob serial number and the action for key zone.
This way, the fobs are supervised for low battery. If programmed locally, they are not.
I have all the answers . . . some of them are correct.

pabf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 01:17:42 PM »
I would like to know if I can programing an ademco 6150rf for installation without and with local wireless keys at the same time. The local (on the keypad) for the keyfobs (5804), and without (on the panel vista15p) for windows transmitter (5816). How? Thank you.