+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

36 Guests, 0 Users

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Concord Express sensor "low battery"  (Read 4692 times)

dbreaker

• View Profile
Concord Express sensor "low battery"
« on: February 18, 2010, 09:25:17 AM »
I got a low battery status on my key pad for one of the motion sensors. I replaced the batteries with new one ones twice but I can not get the status to change. Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Natethegr8

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Concord Express sensor "low battery"
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2010, 03:19:44 PM »
Dumb question but did you put the batteries in the right way?  Those little battery holders are hard to see which side is positive.

Also, when you put in the battery, hit the tamper switch a few times.   You can also try to short the battery pos and neg terminals on the motion to drain the capacitors in the motion and clear the low batt signal.  Then try the above step again.

KSSPA

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 07:07:59 PM »
Try using 8+installer code+3 to run a sensor test.

Make sure the sensor you are changing the batteries in is really the sensor with the low battery

dbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 10:05:57 AM »
Dumb question but did you put the batteries in the right way?  Those little battery holders are hard to see which side is positive.

Also, when you put in the battery, hit the tamper switch a few times.   You can also try to short the battery pos and neg terminals on the motion to drain the capacitors in the motion and clear the low batt signal.  Then try the above step again.

Your question is not dumb, but yes I did make sure the batteries went in the right way.

Is the tamper switch the button in the back that has a spring over it. If so, I did push it in but it did not help. I did not try shorting out the positive and negative terminal. I am not know how to do that. Would you mind explaining? Thanks.

dbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 10:14:14 AM »
Try using 8+installer code+3 to run a sensor test.

Make sure the sensor you are changing the batteries in is really the sensor with the low battery

I ran the test twice already and got the same message after running the test. I even changed the batteries in both sensor to make sure they were not mislabeled but still it did not work. 

KSSPA

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 06:09:30 PM »
I would say

A: the battery you are replacing the old one with is also dead. This happens even with new batteries sometime

B: defective sens
BTW, what is the model # of the sensor

dbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 07:08:12 PM »
The model # of the sensor seem to be ITI SAW Passive Infrared Motion Sensor. The batteries seem to work in other devices. I will try another set.

KSSPA

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 07:41:50 PM »
I believe that device takes 2 - AA batteries, right

I would definitely try some other batteries(preferably from a different lot)

dbreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
It does take two AA and I will try a new set. I will follow up tomorrow. Thanks.

wmw

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2011, 06:15:04 AM »
I am looking for two replacement pads for a Brinks system installed in 2005.  So far the only numbers I have off it are (Issue:NOAG 9238 and IC: 114010954a.   How do I look for comments related to this on the forum.  I know auto repair forums have a search feature for each forum within the site.  I did read on the net about the GE Concord Express pads being a possible replacement?  Thanks ???