Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

72 Guests, 3 Users
AlarmMike,
Flyct,
innerpicked

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Honeywell Ademco Vista-20P Alarm Questions  (Read 3238 times)

annapukanala

• View Profile
Honeywell Ademco Vista-20P Alarm Questions
« on: February 08, 2010, 10:42:33 AM »
I have recently purchased a Honeywell Ademco Vista-20P alarm system.  My fiance did all of the wiring and I was able to get the 6160 keypad up and running.  The problem is that neither the 6150RF is working (can't get past the dE - message) and I don't think the wireless motion detector is being detected by anything.

Can someone please help me?  This is my first alarm system, so I don't know anything at all about them.

I guess mainly, my concern is that I can't get into the programming mode on the 6150RF keypad.  I can only push the 1 and 3 at the same time to get the dE - code.  Nothing I have done has taken me into the programming mode for this specific keypad so that I can assign it address 17, and so forth.

Anyone out there who can help a girlie out?

wrldtlvr

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Honeywell Ademco Vista-20P Alarm Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:37:23 AM »
OK... Since you have your 6160 keypad running, that means you are using the primary keypad address (16) for that keypad. You must enable the use of a secondary keypad using the 6160, and also set your 6150RF to the secondary address (17).

I don't have my 20P programming manual handy to tell you how to do that, but if you can't figure it out, holler and someone can help.

Static

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »
As a general rule, all programming is stored in the main panel. In the case of the 6150RF there is some programming to be done on the keypad itself. There should be some separate instructions for setting up the keypad but here goes from memory:
- Power the keypad down and up. Within 50 seconds, press and hold 1 & 3. You should have oo and -- flashing on the display.
- Press 1 and the display will flash cA (for Keypad Address. . . I know, Honeywell can't spell!). Press 17 to set it to address 17 then * to save. You should be back at 00/--.
- Press 2 and the display will flash rA (for Receiver Address). Press 00 then * to set the receiver and save.
- Press * again to exit keypad programming.

- Go to your 6160 and press 4112 800 to enter programming; 20 should be on the display.
- Press *190 10 to enable keypad address 17.
- Press *99 to exit programming.

Your 6150RF should now be functioning.

Also, please do not post the same question mulitple times in multiple forums. I have deleted your identical posts elsewhere as this forum is the correct one.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 01:35:25 PM by Static »
I have all the answers . . . some of them are correct.

Alarmdude

• Security Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 02:13:50 PM »
I answered both post you deleated lol
Jack of all trades master of nothing!

Static

• Pro-Tech Advisor/Moderator
  • Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 06:13:57 PM »
Yeah, sorry. Wasn't trying to crush your contribution or anything.
I have all the answers . . . some of them are correct.