+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

78 Guests, 1 User
bearwayne

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: Alarm wont arm says to secure system before arming  (Read 2402 times)

kell490

• View Profile
Alarm wont arm says to secure system before arming
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »
I have a KIT32-219 DSC 1832 Wireless Ready Security. With 3 wireless motions and a Digicell anynet no phone line in the house. I set the control panal up as instructions 000 0 01 enrolment reset with a 902. I added the ESN# for each motion set those 3 zones to wireless attribute 8 and description of dealy 1 because I don't have a door sensor yet. I disabled the phone line connection and set all other zone to 00 description. When I go to arm the system it says that I have a sensor that is not secure. If I bypass the 3 zones then it does allow me to arm the system. Any help be great thanks.

murphy62

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Alarm wont arm says to secure system before arming
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:02:48 PM »
Can any of the motion sensors see you when you are standing at the keypad?

Security Monitor

• Security Guru
  • member: International Order of the llamas
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:42:34 PM »
READ the description of the zone type you have programmed, that will answer your question.

kell490

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 07:20:20 PM »
I stand still and it doesn't light up even if I bypass that one it still wont arm. How do I read the descriptions do you mean zone Definition section 001 I have set to 01 on zone 1-3.

StevenL-HSS

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 05:26:46 AM »
Security monitor has a point. It is your configuration. The zone types that you have selected for your motions play a big role in what you are experiencing. If anything your motion that is closest to the door should be programmed in as an interior follower but first you would also need to get a contact/transmitter for your door (so you can apply your delay to this) and reprogram your other motion zone types (don't use delay on your motions). Keep in mind that if you purchased the system from HSS that you can call and/or email tech support for help. Email = techsupport@homesecuritystore.com Phone = 1-800-954-4022 They are available from Monday - Friday from 7am - 3pm [PST]

george6488

• Security Guru
  • It's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2008, 05:33:15 AM »
The 902 command should enroll all modules including the keypads and 5132-433 wireless receiver.

Try a 903 command and if you have a LCD keypad.........it will show if the 5132-433 is enrolled.

When you entered the ESN numbers...........did you use the hex/decimal instructions to enter the numbers and letters?

THe ESN numbers you entered..........you entered a 6 digit/letter entry???????

I assume you have set date and time also????