Members Online

74 Guests, 4 Users
nutt318,
antispam,
tvtech,
aarthur66

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: cpu low battery warning  (Read 14174 times)

MoHntr

• View Profile
cpu low battery warning
« on: May 17, 2008, 01:39:59 PM »
Hello,

I have a Concord Express alarm system that has been without electric for a couple month.  When I try to do a status report, it tells me "CPU low battery" message.  Is there a battery inside that I can change or does the system just need to be plugged in for a while?  The homeowner that moved out must have taken the big battery that sits in the cabinet. I will try to find a battery and replace it. 

Thank you,

Brian

willbill808

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
Re: cpu low battery warning
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 10:03:19 PM »
First of all, if the big battery was taken out, the system would not function at all. Second of all, plug your main transformer back in! That battery needs to be recharged. Why was it unplugged in the first place?
Semi-serious DIY'er- installing a security and fire system. Also learning about related fields.

MoHntr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 05:21:57 PM »
Yes willbill808 the big battery is removed.  I just bought the house and the original owner took the battery I suppose.   I did plug the transformer back in.  I can't seem to get the system to do much.  I assume it is because the battery is missing?  Is the big battery the CPU battery or is there another battery on the board?  One more question.... where could I purchase a battery for the system?

Thanks for your time.

MoHntr

MoHntr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2008, 06:11:37 PM »
Anyone know where I order a new battery for the Concord Express System?

Thanks,

MoHntr

willbill808

• Security Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 01:21:14 PM »
Sounds like your system uses both a CPU battery and a main backup battery. You should replace the big battery that is in the cabinet.

Try this-
http://www.home-technology-store.com/home-security/IM-1240.aspx

Would work just fine with your panel.
Semi-serious DIY'er- installing a security and fire system. Also learning about related fields.

MoHntr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2008, 06:01:48 PM »
Hello again,
  I did get the battery and the "Low Battery warning" is now gone and I have the green "READY light for the first time.  Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.
  Now I have a new problem.  The system no longer sees the 3 hard wired sensors.  2 of them are on doors and the 3rd is a motion detector.  The manual tells me to go into the system programming mode via 8+code 00.  When I hit the 8 code the display says "enter cmd".  After I hit the 1st 0 it still says "enter cmd".  When I hit the 2nd 0 it beeps and returns me back to normal.  Just showing the clock.  I'm pretty sure the default code is working or it wouldn't say "enter cmd".  I know  the system needs to re-learn the sensors but I just can't seem to get it done. 
  Any advice or assistance you could offer would be appreciated. 
  I believe the system has the alphanumeric keypad.
  If I arm the system to "away" it beeps the count down and then at the last beep it switches to "stay". 

Thank you,

MoHntr

1stalarm-ama

• View Profile
    • 1st Alarm - Amarillo, Lubbock, Midland-Odessa, Abilene, El-Paso
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2008, 02:34:08 PM »
If your system is switching to the stay mode after countdown, then your auto-stay feature is turned on in programming.
Basically, the computer didn't see an entry/exit-door open and close when you armed, so it switched to the stay mode, bypassing the motion detector, thinking you were still in the house.  Helps avoid falses.
\\\'All is as God wills it.\\\'

MoHntr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2008, 06:10:32 PM »
Thanks for the reply.  However my problem is getting into "system programming".  When I ht 8+4321+0+0 it just returns to normal.  When I hit the 8+4321 the screen says "enter cmd".  When I hit the first 0 it still says "enter cmd"  but when I enter the second 0 it beeps and goes back to normal mode and just shows the time on the lcd screen. 
FYI when I hit the 8 the system does ask for a code, I enter 4321 it then says "enter cmd".

Thanks for any help.

MoHntr

MoHntr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 06:13:48 PM »
I now have an update.  I have done the mem reset and have the master code reset.  I also had to reset the date and time.  I can add and delete users now, but still can't get into the menu far enough to "learn sensors".  How do I know if I do have the alphanumeric keypad?  It is has ABCD and numbers 0-9 with words such as stay, away, menu,.....
  Thank you.

MoHntr