+-

Alarm Monitoring

Alarm Monitoring

Members Online

79 Guests, 1 User
Jonathan

Alarm Installer Search and Reviews

Myalarminstaller.com

Author Topic: DSC 1555 beeping every 10 seconds  (Read 7460 times)

escoaks

• View Profile
DSC 1555 beeping every 10 seconds
« on: October 19, 2007, 09:38:10 AM »
I have an ADT-branded DSC 1555 panel that I'm using without the monitoring.  Had to cut the power to it last year as an outage caused it to go off and I didn't have the master code.  Had a tech come out and power it up again, reset the master, and make everything happy.  Well, we had another power outage yesterday and when the lights came back the DSC 1555 came back unhappy.  It omits a single beep once every 10 seconds or so, but if I enter any input it will stop it for about a half hour and then goes right back to the beeping.  I've checked the trouble via *2 and gotten 1 and 4, with the 1 indicating low battery.  I've also figured out the installer code and gone in and turned off the TLM and communicator, but the trouble light persists with both indicators (1 & 4).  I've done about all the programming I can, but nothing seems to stop the endless beeping.  Is it simply that I need to replace the battery?  I haven't read anything online specifically mentioning the beeping or tying that to battery.

Security Monitor

• Security Guru
  • member: International Order of the llamas
    • View Profile
Re: DSC 1555 beeping every 10 seconds
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2007, 02:09:22 PM »
The Low Battery trouble indicates your alarm is detecting a low battery.  After a power outrage it's normal for the battery to be in a semi discharged state and needs recharging.  This should happen within a few hours.  If it's more than 24 hours and the low battery is still present, you may have a battery that won't recharge.  Replace the entire battery and see if that corrects the Low Battery trouble after giving it sufficient time to charge.  If you still get a low battery, you may have a problem with the battery circuit.

As for the TLM, if you turned off the TLM and the TLM still shows trouble.  Try powering down (ac and battery) the panel for a few minutes to see if that jump starts the process and clear the TLM.

If after all these steps the Low Battery and TLM still show up, double check that you did in fact diagnosed the keypad trouble message correctly.  Also make sure you follow the correct reset procedures.  Example if your keypad is indicating a Failure To Communicate, turning off the TLM does absolutely nothing to solve the FTC as they are two different things.  Same if you did the *2, but didn't go to the next level to see what specifically the "1" was indicating.  If it was a "1" and you went to the next level and it's a "1" again, yes that's a low battery, but if you had a "1" and went to the next level and it's now something but a "1", all the changing of batteries won't solve the problem because it has nothing to do with the battery.

mrstooge

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2007, 05:08:36 PM »
dont forget to set the time and date.....
Somedays you just want to hit somebody

mrstooge

• Gold Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 05:12:44 PM »
think its *6 mastercode-1- then hours min month day yr? 13 00 01 01 07 one oclock pm jan 1st 2007.too drunk to go get the install manual!
Somedays you just want to hit somebody

escoaks

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2007, 05:26:58 PM »
Its definitely the low battery warning on the code 1, and I've already set the date and time.  Still not sure why I'm getting the code 4 (failure to communicate) since I've disabled that in the programming.  Going to try swapping the battery (which is still sounding 24 hrs later) and see if that works.  Thanks

rahnie

• Security Guru
  • i know nothing and i can prove it
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 05:31:29 PM »
too drunk to go get the install manual!
do like i do....keep them by the fridge...lol....at any rate the only way to get rid of failure to communicate is first to disable the communicator or delete the phone numbers in the appropriate sections and then to power the panel down and back up........then reset time and date......as far as the low battery goes SM's info is right on the money.........cheers
The trick of thinking outside of the box is knowing when to get back in
The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson

escoaks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 03:06:07 PM »
Alright, so I swapped the battery but it didn't clear the condition.  So I unplugged the new battery, unplugged the AC, and voila.  Registers reset, all I had to do was set the time and date and I was good.  Now I'm going to test the old battery to see if it really won't recharge, or if it was simply the state of the control panel that wouldn't update post-power outage.